Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Christoph Brunner <Ch...@student-zw.fh-kl.de> on 2001/08/06 15:11:28 UTC

Client authentication with SSL

Hi,
i have installed APACHE-SOAP, TOMCAT and SSL!
It's working fine with clientAuth=false!
When i change the connector- parameter 'clientAuth' (server.xml) to true the following error appear:
Caught SOAPException (SOAP-ENV:Client): Error opening socket: null
In the window of TOMCAT following error appear:
2001-08-06 03:03:36 - Ctx(  ): 400 R( /) null
2001-08-06 03:03:36 - Ctx(  ): IOException in: R( /) Socket closed

What's wrong?

Thank you
Christoph Brunner

Re: Client authentication with SSL

Posted by Rich Catlett <ri...@more.net>.
I looked at my implementation, and I have clientAuth=false.  When I set
it = true I also got an error, although this is what I got

Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client;
msg=Error opening socket: null;
targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error opening
socket: null]
    at
org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(SOAPHTTPConnection.java:324)
    at org.apache.soap.messaging.Message.send(Message.java:123)
    at samples.messaging.SendMessage.main(SendMessage.java:39)

So I'm not sure what to tell you, if you have created certificates for
both the client and the server, and then imported the clients into the
servers keystore, and the servers into the clients keystore.  You might
look at the tomcat documentation and see if it says anything.

Posted by Rich Catlett <ri...@more.net>.

Posted by Christoph Brunner <Ch...@student-zw.fh-kl.de>.

Posted by Christoph Brunner <Ch...@student-zw.fh-kl.de>.

Posted by Rich Catlett <ri...@more.net>.