Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Damian <sp...@arcsin.de> on 2020/05/03 11:24:34 UTC

Re: New Spamhaus zone and updates to the plugin

>> It might be worth posting on the postfix users list about the benefits
>> of a dqs account; I use it with postscreen and smtpd to good effect.
>
> I thought about that, but there are some issues I think.

There is another generic benefit: It might be the only alternative to
access ZEN when spamhaus.org's cut-off [2] is in effect. The cut-off
doesn't need to be ones own fault but might have happened before one
acquired the affected IP address.

[2] https://www.spamhaus.org/organization/dnsblusage/

Re: New Spamhaus zone and updates to the plugin

Posted by Damian <sp...@arcsin.de>.

>>> I thought about that, but there are some issues I think.
>>
>> There is another generic benefit: It might be the only alternative to
>> access ZEN when spamhaus.org's cut-off [2] is in effect. The cut-off
>> doesn't need to be ones own fault but might have happened before one
>> acquired the affected IP address.
>>
>> [2] https://www.spamhaus.org/organization/dnsblusage/
>
> and you think spamhaus knows or cares if your request comes from
> spamassassin or postscreen?

No, that is why I wrote "generic". I learned about the existence of DQS
from mail correspondence with spamhaustech, after I tried and failed to
obtain information at the spamhaus.org website of how to lift the
cut-off. So maybe the guys could advertise DQS more, in general.