Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by "ilaria.scarcia" <is...@e-mentor.it> on 2019/10/28 16:21:10 UTC

migrating from flex

Hi there,
It's Ilaria, I'm new using Apache Royale.

I would like to know more about migrating an existing Flash Builder Project.
I have a complex projet using many custom mxml components and other
third-parts libraries, so there are .mxml, .as, .swc and .swf files.

Usually I used the flash builder compiler and I don't undestand how I
can use the royale compiler.
I have a ".actionScriptProperties" file with libraryPathEntry and also
modules (other swf files) linked to the main application.

How can I export this project to HTML and JS files?
In your documentation on the website you say: add "+configname=flex" to
the compiler option, can I have an example? Where should I add this line?

Maybe this information is useful: this is not a FlexJS project, but an
ActionScript project building a Desktop Application. Could I still use
Apache Royale to convert my project?

Thank you in advance,

Ilaria

Re: migrating from flex

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Hi Ilaria,

You can use Flash Builder 4.7 to develop Royale projects although we recommend trying newer IDEs since they are better supported.  Older versions of Flash Builder are not supported.

I recommend making a copy of your project so you can reference the original project sources if you need to.  Then:

1) Get the latest binaries with Flash support or build it from sources from https://royale.apache.org/download/
2) Run the ant -f InstallAdobeSDKs.xml
3) Install that as a Flex SDK in Flash Builder.

If you are migrating a desktop (AIR) application, then do not add +configname=flex to the additional compiler options for your project.

You will need to change the uri for any Spark or MX components defined in your MXML files to
				xmlns:s="library://ns.apache.org/royale/spark"
				xmlns:mx="library://ns.apache.org/royale/mx"

I don't think we've tried this in a while, so there might be some issues found.  Let us know what you get.

Thanks,
-Alex

RE: migrating from flex

Posted by Yishay Weiss <yi...@hotmail.com>.
>How can I export this project to HTML and JS files?
>In your documentation on the website you say: add "+configname=flex" to
>the compiler option, can I have an example? Where should I add this line?

>Maybe this information is useful: this is not a FlexJS project, but an
>ActionScript project building a Desktop Application. Could I still use
>Apache Royale to convert my project?

I’m trying to understand better. Is your goal to have the migrated application run in AIR, Electron, or in a browser?

Thanks,
Yishay