Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Ramanathan Srinivasan <rs...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/02 08:13:39 UTC

[imaging] Read/Write Bilevel TIFF A4 image thumbnail

Greetings,

Is it possible to embed Thumbnail in bilevel TIFF A4 image?
If yes, any example or Link for the same

Thanks,
srinivasan

Re: [imaging] Read/Write Bilevel TIFF A4 image thumbnail

Posted by Damjan Jovanovic <da...@apache.org>.
The EXIF specification provides a way to create a TIFF image with a thumbnail.

Regards
Damjan

Posted by Thad Humphries <th...@gmail.com>.
The TIFF specification (
https://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/tiff/TIFF6.pdf) does not
provide for a thumbnail. However, since a TIFF can have multiple pages, you
could (for example) assume a convention internal to your application that
creates a second image that is a thumbnail of the first (and you'd have to
create the thumbnail yourself). You would have to handle this inside your
app. Another TIFF viewer, like GIMP, would simply see a 2-page TIFF.

I've not created multipage TIFFs with the Commons Imaging, so I've got no
sample code to offer.

On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 2:13 AM, Ramanathan Srinivasan <
rsrinivasankwt@gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>

> Is it possible to embed Thumbnail in bilevel TIFF A4 image?
> If yes, any example or Link for the same
>
> Thanks,
> srinivasan

Marlowe, *Doctor Faustus* (v, 121-24)