Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Carter Kozak <ck...@ckozak.net> on 2019/12/24 03:09:49 UTC

slf4j-1.8 and the event logger

Hi all,

Any concerns with deleting the slf4j EventLogger support in log4j-slf4j18-impl given it's still in beta, and no longer supports the event logger? My proposed change is pushed here: https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j2/pull/325

Relatedly, I'm not sure why the linked change is not failing revapi, but it is a break if
EventDataConverter is referenced directly.

Best,
-ck

Re: slf4j-1.8 and the event logger

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
I have no concerns.

Ralph

Posted by Carter Kozak <ck...@ckozak.net>.
> I'm not sure why the linked change is not failing revapi

Our root configuration filters down to the 'org.apache.logging.log4j' prefix, but slf4j appears to live in 'org.apache.logging.slf4j' rather than 'org.apache.logging.log4j.slf4j'.

-ck