Posted to user@hivemind.apache.org by Hugo Duncan <hu...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/09 19:53:58 UTC

javassist and class loader problems

Hi,

I am trying to use javassist in classes that are loaded by Hivemind.

I can not use ClassFactory, as I need access to some functionality (static
fields) that is not exposed by that interface.

The classes I create work fine, until another part of the system
(Tapestry) tries using ClassFactory to enhance them.  The pool used by
ClassFactory does not seem to be able to find the classes (even though
ClassResolver finds them OK).

How can I add a class loader to the path searched by the ClassFactory?
ClassFactory does not expose it's pool, and overiding ClassFactory doesn't
help as ClassFactory has no interface for adding a class loader.

Have I misunderstood something? Or is it not possible to use dynamically
created classes with ClassFactory?