Posted to dev@wink.apache.org by Shiva Kumar H R <sh...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/20 11:51:26 UTC

[Discuss] Support for reading/writing of RSS Feeds

Hi,
I have been looking into Wink code for sometime now. I had a need of
implementing Atom Syndication Format, Atom Publishing Protocol & RSS using
JAX-RS & JAXB. Many thanks to you folks - I see that much of this has
already been implemented in Apache Wink, except for the RSS part.

So I started looking into RSS 2.0 specification at
http://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification and have come up with the required
JAXB classes. I have created a Wink feature JIRA for the same
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WINK-112 and have attached the JAXB
classes. I currently have a Wink client which can now successfully read RSS
feeds. I will soon be attaching the same to WINK-112.

Please consider this code for inclusion in Wink. My CLA is already in place
(owing to my commit access in Apache Geronimo). Please let me know if
something is missing and I will be glad to provide the same.

Thanks,
Shiva Kumar H R
http://people.apache.org/~shivahr/

RE: [Discuss] Support for reading/writing of RSS Feeds

Posted by "Snitkovsky, Martin" <ma...@hp.com>.
+1 for adding RSS to Wink and for mapping RSS to syndication object model

Posted by Shiva Kumar H R <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Eli for pointing it out. I will look at synd classes.

Thanks,
Shiva Kumar H R

Posted by Shiva Kumar H R <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Nick :)

Posted by Nicholas L Gallardo <nl...@us.ibm.com>.
Shiva,

Thanks for the contribution!  I say +1 to including this in the Wink
runtime.

I kinda wish there was an HTTP header defined that indicated the content
was RSS, but oh well.  Because of that, we don't need any new providers
though.

-Nick

Nicholas Gallardo
WebSphere  - REST & WebServices Development
nlgallar@us.ibm.com
Phone: 512-286-6258
Building: 903 / 5G-016

             Shiva Kumar H R
             <shivahr@gmail.co
                                       wink-dev@incubator.apache.org
             07/20/2009 04:51                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       [Discuss] Support for
             Please respond to         reading/writing of RSS Feeds
             wink-dev@incubato
               r.apache.org