Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by MK <ha...@intergate.com> on 2009/07/24 20:41:55 UTC

[users@httpd] apache corrupting images

This started happening this morning.  I did not want to attach an image
on the mail list so I posted it here:

http://www.intergate.com/~halfcountplus/misc/apache-distort.jpg

That's a screenshot from //localhost. If you want to see how that
should look, an identical online version, where the server is fine*, is

http://206.251.36.107/photographs/base.mhtml?
dir=longislandsound11-08&title=Long%20Island%20Sound%20November%202008

at first I freaked out and thought this was spontaneous filesystem
corruption, but when I view those files any other way, they are what
they are supposed to be.  Also, pages viewed in the browser are fine,
except for the ones served via apache on localhost -- and not all of
those are corrupt either; it appears to be a problem only in particular
directories.  So I removed all conf specific to them but it remains the
same.

My only thought is to just reinstall apache, but I'd really like to try
and get an explanation of why/how this would happen...

*I have root access there and the configurations are the same.

Re: [users@httpd] apache corrupting images

Posted by Frank Gingras <fr...@gmail.com>.
EnableSendfile off

~Frank