Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pid <p...@pidster.com> on 2009/03/16 12:30:05 UTC

XSD mime type

Hi,

What, if any, is the correct MIME type for the XSD file type?

I'm guessing it's text/xml or application/xml - but it's not defined in
either Apache HTTPDs mime types or Tomcats web.xml. (TC6 or HTTPD 2.2.11)

Am I missing something obvious?

Re: XSD mime type

Posted by Pid <p...@pidster.com>.
Markus Schönhaber wrote:
> Pid:
>
>> What, if any, is the correct MIME type for the XSD file type?
>
> When you say "the XSD file type", you're talking about files containing
> XML Schemas?

Yes.  Typically I see schema files defined in schema_name.xsd.

> IIRC there's no special media type for schemas. But since they are
> themselves XML files, this...
>
>> I'm guessing it's text/xml or application/xml
> ...would be what I, too, would use.

Thanks, I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something obvious.

Re: XSD mime type

Posted by Markus Schönhaber <to...@list-post.mks-mail.de>.
Pid: