Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by benni23 <b....@googlemail.com> on 2009/04/15 12:25:20 UTC

Implement filtering non-invasively

Hi,

I am currently trying to add a feature to the ecommerce component that
allows to restrict visibility of products by assigning customer groups
(party groups) to an associated  category. I would like to do that without
changing any of the existing code. My approach was to use secas but I
discovered that I have no mean to get hold on the result of the service that
triggered my seca. Thus I can't add filtering without touching existing
code. Now I wonder if there is a different way of doing this, since I can't
imagine that there is no way of changing the result of a service without
changing framework code.

regards,
Benjamin

Re: Implement filtering non-invasively

Posted by benni23 <b....@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

I am not sure if I understand fully what you mean. If I define a service
with the same name in my custom component, how should the service engine
know which one to invoke.
I can write my own implementation and tell the service engine that it should
use my implementation instead of the existing one. But to do this,  I would
need to change framework code (the service mapping) and that is what i want
to avoid. Also, I want to use the original service and add some logic
(filtering) to it and not replace it.
Currently, I have renamed the original service and mapped my custom
implementation to the original service name and call the original service
from my custom implementation and then postprocess its result. But I would
rather use something like the ECA mechanism and not change any of the
existing mappings.

regards

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.