Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Kiran Patil <ki...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/13 06:48:31 UTC

Mifos X automated installation not working

Hi,

I tried to install Mifos X using below link on Ubuntu 18.04.

https://mifosforge.jira.com/wiki/spaces/docs/pages/85622932/Mifos+X+Automated+Installation+on+Debian+Ubuntu

I am getting below error.

$ sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver pgp.mit.edu B6069EA209539BFF
Executing: /tmp/apt-key-gpghome.qXH2HB3GgA/gpg.1.sh --recv-keys --keyserver
pgp.mit.edu B6069EA209539BFF

gpg: keyserver receive failed: No data

$ echo deb http://packages.mifosx.in stable main | sudo tee
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/mifosx.list
deb http://packages.mifosx.in stable main

$ sudo apt-get update
Hit:1 http://ppa.launchpad.net/cloud-images/docker-k8s1.9/ubuntu bionic
InRelease
Hit:2 http://ap-south-1.ec2.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic InRelease

Hit:3 http://ap-south-1.ec2.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-updates
InRelease
Hit:4 http://ppa.launchpad.net/cloud-images/eks-01.10.0/ubuntu bionic
InRelease
Hit:5 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-security InRelease

Hit:6 http://ap-south-1.ec2.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-backports
InRelease
Err:7 http://packages.mifosx.in stable InRelease

  Could not resolve 'packages.mifosx.in'
Reading package lists... Done
W: Failed to fetch http://packages.mifosx.in/dists/stable/InRelease  Could
not resolve 'packages.mifosx.in'
W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones
used instead.

Thanks,
Kiran.

Re: Mifos X automated installation not working

Posted by Terence Monteiro <te...@sanjosesolutions.in>.
Hi Kiran,

I had setup the Debian based installation method of Mifos X back in 2015
and its currently not updated. Do you just want an instance of the latest
Mifos X or do you want to study the Mifos X setup from a developer
standpoint? If you just want an instance, you can get one up in a few
minutes by

   1. Registering at www.sanjosesolutions.in with email address & password
   2. Click the link in your email and verify
   3. Click the button "Create FREE Trial instance"

This will create an instance of Mifos X on the cloud.

If you want to study Mifos X software architecture from a developer
standpoint, then I recommend the manual installation since you can learn to
setup the individual components like MySQL and Tomcat, etc. If you want to
quickly get a Mifos X instance setup on your own computer, you can go with
the Docker container.

Regarding the volunteer project to package Mifos X as a Debian package,
Immanuel from sefier.in had come forward to maintain the package in 2016
and here is a link from the Mifos List archives about it:

https://sourceforge.net/p/mifos/mailman/message/36094611/

He should be on this list but I have copied him in this mail anyway.

--
Best Regards,
Terence Monteiro,

Posted by Michael Vorburger <mi...@vorburger.ch>.
Kiran,

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019, 08:49 Kiran Patil, <ki...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to install Mifos X using below link on Ubuntu 18.04.
>

> https://mifosforge.jira.com/wiki/spaces/docs/pages/85622932/Mifos+X+Automated+Installation+on+Debian+Ubuntu
>
> I am getting below error.
>
> $ sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver pgp.mit.edu B6069EA209539BFF
> Executing: /tmp/apt-key-gpghome.qXH2HB3GgA/gpg.1.sh --recv-keys
> --keyserver pgp.mit.edu B6069EA209539BFF
>
> gpg: keyserver receive failed: No data
>
> $ echo deb http://packages.mifosx.in stable main | sudo tee
> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mifosx.list
> deb http://packages.mifosx.in stable main
>
> $ sudo apt-get update
> Hit:1 http://ppa.launchpad.net/cloud-images/docker-k8s1.9/ubuntu bionic
> InRelease
> Hit:2 http://ap-south-1.ec2.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic InRelease
>
> Hit:3 http://ap-south-1.ec2.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-updates
> InRelease
> Hit:4 http://ppa.launchpad.net/cloud-images/eks-01.10.0/ubuntu bionic
> InRelease
> Hit:5 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-security InRelease
>
> Hit:6 http://ap-south-1.ec2.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-backports
> InRelease
> Err:7 http://packages.mifosx.in stable InRelease
>
>   Could not resolve 'packages.mifosx.in'
> Reading package lists... Done
> W: Failed to fetch http://packages.mifosx.in/dists/stable/InRelease
>  Could not resolve 'packages.mifosx.in'
> W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old
> ones used instead.

It's simply that http://packages.mifosx.in seems to be down/gone... As far
as I know, that site was just set up by a contributor, and not the"project"
(i.e. I doubt any active committers have access to fix that particular
site).

I am Cc someone who may not read this list regularly but who be able to
comment further (or not, remember this is volunteer based).

But this question makes me think of something else: Do you really need
Debian packages, or are you just looking for an easy way to get Fineract up
and running (and, probably, keep it updated) ? If it's the latter, then
perhaps instead of someone stepping up to fix up those Debian packages, our
project could just provide ready made Docker Containers, plus related
doc... does anyone know if this already exists?

Thanks,