Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Octav Chipara <oc...@cse.unl.edu> on 2000/06/29 16:02:54 UTC

Looking for some clarifications ...

HI!

I am in the need for a clarification ... When you are making a SOAP
Request are going to receive as an answer XML or another SOAP message?

Thanks,

Octav

e-mail:         ochipara@cse.unl.edu
phone:		(402)472-9492
web page:	www.cse.unl.edu/~ochipara

Re: Looking for some clarifications ...

Posted by Lutz Wischmann <wi...@ems.guj.de>.
Octav Chipara wrote:

> I am in the need for a clarification ... When you are making a SOAP
> Request are going to receive as an answer XML or another SOAP message?

Hello,

for every SOAP Request you will get a SOAP Response. Inside that
Response there is the SOAP Envelope, which in fact wraps your return
parameter(s). These parameters are probably encoded in XML, depending on
your coding/design.
Details can be found on the specification draft.

Hope this helps,

Lutz

Re: Looking for some clarifications ...

Posted by Lutz Wischmann <wi...@ems.guj.de>.