Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Liu, Song" <So...@Santera.com> on 2000/07/31 20:40:31 UTC

Help from newbie on Solaris

Hello everybody:

I have got a lot of trouble to compile the xml4c3_1_0 source package.  I'm
on Solaris version 5.7 with Workshop version 5.

If I use gcc or g++ it works fine.  But when I use CC/cc & make utility, it
gave me unexpected end of file error for the makefile.  When I use gmake, it
gave me a lot of code error.

The question is:

1.  Should I use gmake or make?

2.  If I should use make, what should I do about the Makefile which gave the
error?

Any help will be really appreciated.

Song

Posted by Arundhati Bhowmick <ar...@hyperreal.org>.
The xml4c 3.1.0 version was not  updated to work with CC 5.0. You've to get the
latest version xerces 1.2.0 from xml.apache.org or the code from the cvs. That
has CC 5.0 support for solaris. Also make sure your  gmake version  is 3.78.1.

Arundhati