Posted to community@apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org> on 2004/11/15 04:53:09 UTC

Clover licence for ASF

cvs:committers/donated-licenses/clover/ contains a version of the Clover
license that may be used by any ASF project.

It's restricted to the following package hierarchies:

org.apache
javax
org.xml
org.w3c
com.example

For projects who already have a license from Clover, this is not an
attempt to get you to change. It's just to save the rest of us effort :)

Henri Yandell
Jakarta VP

Instructions for use with Maven:

1) Put the .license file in your .maven/repository/clover/jars directory.
2) Put the following two lines in your project.properties:
   maven.jar.override=on
   maven.jar.clover=1.3.2

Re: Clover licence for ASF

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
The agreement with Cenqua was that it would only available to committers
and restricted by package, but they were my suggestions so it's quite
likely they'd be happier with other ideas too.

What kind of scenarios are you experiencing/thinking of?

Being able to run Clover seems pretty unimportant for a contributor (from
my point of view of a contributor as someone who submits minor changes),
so I couldn't think of any major scenarios where the committers only would
cause a problem. Happy to be wrong :)

Hen

Re: Clover licence for ASF

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.