Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Steve Han <hx...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/03 03:35:51 UTC

Could we call hadoop a distributed OS?

Or it just a distributed application?How we can learn more about the design
ideas of Hadoop.Thanks

Steve Han
Originale Inc.

Re: Could we call hadoop a distributed OS?

Posted by jacques defarge <jd...@gmail.com>.
It could be defined as a middleware in a broad sense. But I don't think this
is still a good definition of hadoop. It is a collection of distributed
tools for large data processing.

Posted by wang daming <dm...@gmail.com>.
how about middleware?

Posted by Amar Kamat <am...@yahoo-inc.com>.