Posted to dev@datasketches.apache.org by Lee Rhodes <le...@gmail.com> on 2023/05/14 00:45:00 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache DataSketches-java 4.0.0-RC3

1. This is a call for vote to release Apache DataSketches-java candidate
version:  4.0.0-RC3

    NOTE: This is the core Java component of the DataSketches library that
includes all the sketch algorithms in production-ready packages. These
sketches can be called directly from this component or used in conjunction
with the adaptor components such as Hadoop Pig, Hadoop Hive, or the
aggregator adaptors built into Apache Druid.

    MAJOR NEW FEATURES AND ENHANCEMENTS FOR USERS
    - Quantile Sketches
        - The major APIs for all the quantile sketches now derive from
interfaces common to all the quantile sketches. This makes it much easier
for the user to move from one quantile sketch to another with only very
minor code changes.
        - All the quantile sketches now have a "SortedView", which is
iterable and makes analysis of the quantile distribution even easier.
    - HLL Sketches
        - Major speed performance improvements for HLL union/merge
operations.
        - Major improvements to the HLL Javadocs.
    - Theta Sketches
        - The Theta sketch has been enhanced with an optional compress
operation that makes the serialized theta sketch smaller.
    - TestNG has been updated to version 7.5.1 (works with Java 8), which
includes the Zip Slip Vulnerability fix.

    CORRECTIONS FROM -RC2
    - The maven version was inadvertently set at 3.9.1, which was
unnecessarily high.  It was changed back to 3.5.0.

2. Source repository:
    - https://github.com/apache/datasketches-java

    Git Tag for this release:
    - https://github.com/apache/datasketches-java/tree/4.0.0-RC3
<https://github.com/apache/datasketches-java/tree/4.0.0-RC3>on branch 4.0.X

    Git Commit Id for this release starts with: 543ab63

3. The Release Candidate / Zip Repository:
    - https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/datasketches/java/4.0.0-RC3/
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/datasketches/java/4.0.0-RC2/>

    The public signing key can be found in the KEYS file:
    - https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/datasketches/KEYS

    The artifacts have been signed with --keyid-format SHORT : 8CD4A902

4. Repository: Maven Central [Nexus](http://repository.apache.org) (Jar
Artifacts):
    -
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/datasketches/datasketches-java/4.0.0/

5. Build & Test Guide:
    - https://github.com/apache/datasketches-java/blob/4.0.0-RC3/README.md
<https://github.com/apache/datasketches-java/blob/4.0.0-RC2/README.md>

6. The vote will be performed as follows:
   - This letter will be published on dev@ and remain open for at least 72
hours (excluding weekends and holidays), AND until at least 3 (+1) PMC
votes or a majority of (+1) PMC votes are acquired. Anyone in the community
can vote.

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Thanks,
Lee Rhodes
leerho@apache.org

Re: [E] Re: [VOTE] Release Apache DataSketches-java 4.0.0-RC3

Posted by Charlie Dickens <ch...@yahooinc.com.INVALID>.
+1
Checked notice and license
verified sha signature