Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Francis, Ronald" <fr...@cajvc.com> on 2002/09/24 17:02:39 UTC

RE: [OT][WORKFLOW] Any best practice for "back", "save", "continu e" b uttons?

Well I actually have this sort of thing working pretty well, but I do have
the limitations you mention.
But, IMHO, I don't that it creates more problems than it solves.

1) The session/multiple window problem can be fixed using a token kept in
some hidden field.
2) Reloading the page , you provide the solution yourself
3) Browser back/forward  is a pain regardless of the approach you take.

It saved us a lot of time , because our app has a lot of "workflow"
scenarios, but its definitely not a silver bullet.
Cheers,
Ronald