Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Olivier Lange <ol...@petit-atelier.ch> on 2004/05/18 23:29:27 UTC

[cforms] NPE within Forms sample block when debugging enabled (Cocoon 2.1.5-dev)

Hello all

I am a CForm newbie. I ran accross a NPE while trying to
run the CForm 'Various (Flowscript)' sample with Flowscript
debugging enabled.

Is something broken with these sample or did I overlook
some setting?

All the sample work fine when debugging is disabled.

The 'Various (Action)' sample has a similar problem:
http://localhost:8888/samples/blocks/forms/form1
It throws a NPE when debugging is enabled.

* Details

I built Cocoon 2.1.5-dev from CVS HEAD today, enabled
FlowScript Debugging as suggested hereafter and started Cocoon:
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=DebugFlowScripts

Cocoon throws a NPE when I request the following page:
http://localhost:8888/samples/blocks/forms/form1.flow

The debuggers starts, but when I resume debugging (Go),
Cocoon throws the following error:

Error displayed:

"resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript/Form.js", line 47:
uncaught JavaScript exception: at handleForm
(resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript/Form.js, Line 186) at
Form (resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript/Form.js, Line 47):
java.lang.NullPointerException

The other samples work fine (the Locale samples put aside,
and only if they are run before the error is thrown).

* cocoon.xconf

  <flow-interpreters default="javascript" logger="flow">
    <!-- FOM (Flow Object Model) -->
    <component-instance
class="org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.fom.FOM_JavaScriptInterp
reter" name="javascript">

<load-on-startup>resource://org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/javascript/fom
/fom_system.js</load-on-startup>
      <reload-scripts>true</reload-scripts>
      <check-time>4000</check-time>
      <debugger>enabled</debugger> <!-- JavaScript Debugger support -->
    </component-instance>

    [...]

- Olivier