Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ge...@gmx.at on 2002/10/04 09:21:50 UTC

Q: Validator - query properties

If a html input field is required I use the validator plugin and put
...depends="required"... in my validation.xml file. This works great!
In the jsp pages I mark required fields with a "*", until now I
hardcode the "*" in my jsps, so if I change a field to required I had
to put the "*" in the jsp and to change the validation.xml.
My intend is to write a jsp tag, which parses the validation.xml
and put the "*" automatically, if the filed is required.

e.g. <bean:write key="xy"><validator:required key="xy><html:text
property="xy">

Had I to parse the validation.xml manually or is there a api
call to query validation properties? Due to the fact that dependencies could
depend on the locale, it would be nice to have a api and not to parse it
manually.

Thanks, Gernot

NEU: Mit GMX ins Internet. Günstige DSL- & Modem/ISDN-Tarife!