Posted to builds@apache.org by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io> on 2016/01/15 22:31:04 UTC

Using gradle.properties for maven credentials

Hi,

I’m a committer on Apache Geode (incubating). Our build is written in Gradle and uses the maven-publish-auth plugin to pull in credentials from settings.xml when publishing artifacts.  We use this from our Jenkins job [1] to upload into the Maven snapshots repo (see [2] for an example).  Due signing / publishing restrictions in our current approach we’re moving all of our publishing over to the nexus plugin.  Unfortunately this is having trouble reading credentials from settings.xml.  Would it be possible to create a gradle.properties file with the appropriate Apache LDAP credentials for logging in to repository.apache.org?

The file would need to reside in $HOME/.gradle/gradle.properties and have these contents:

    nexusUsername=abaker
    nexusPassword=qwerty

Thanks,
Anthony