Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Abdullah Abdullah <my...@hotmail.co.uk> on 2005/07/14 01:14:35 UTC

How to make JSP Pages Timed ???

Dear all

I am creating web pages using JSP. These JSP pages should be timed. That
means the system should be limited with start and end dates or times. I have
created a table in database that contains the start and end times. So, How
can I use these times to limit my JSP pages showing from the public ????

I am beginner so please be discriptive please !!!

Thanks in advance

Re: How to make JSP Pages Timed ???

Posted by cm...@acedsl.com.
 I might be missing something here, but why not timing/constraining the users?

 Ouf course all users would have to register then.

 Albretch

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.
Hello,

You could have a look at my Java Web Parts project
(http://javawebparts.sourceforge.net).  One of the components in it is
an AppAvailabilityFilter.  This is a filter that allows you to define a
window each day when your application is available, other times a user
will be redirected to a page of your choosing.

Frank

Abdullah Abdullah wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I am creating web pages using JSP. These JSP pages should be timed. That
> means the system should be limited with start and end dates or times. I
> have created a table in database that contains the start and end times.
> So, How can I use these times to limit my JSP pages showing from the
> public ????
>
> I am beginner so please be discriptive please !!!
>
> Thanks in advance

Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect
Omnytex Technologies