Posted to user@ant.apache.org by David Corbin <an...@machturtle.com> on 2003/12/04 14:46:49 UTC

launching many similar java programs

I have many similar java programs that I want to be able to launch from
ant (1.6).  I can easily re-use the classpath declarations.  Is there
some way to re-use (short of copying) a handful of <sysproperty>
declarations?

Thanks.
David

Re: launching many similar java programs

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Thursday, December 4, 2003, at 09:41  AM, David Corbin wrote:
> That just seems very short-sighted.    That means I have define all
> those properties as Ant properties.  and then "reference" them in my
> property set (one at a time, in my case).  Very disjoint, somewhat
> repetative, and cluttering.  (But at least there appears to be a way
> to do it)

Maybe I'm missing something, but I think you could define them in
.properties file... load them in with <property file="..."
prefix="..."/> and then use a prefixed <propertyset>.  No?

	Erik

Re: launching many similar java programs

Posted by David Corbin <dc...@machturtle.com>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Corbin <an...@machturtle.com>.
Peter Reilly wrote:

> David Corbin wrote:
>
>> I have many similar java programs that I want to be able to launch
>> from ant (1.6).  I can easily re-use the classpath declarations.  Is
>> there some way to re-use (short of copying) a handful of
>> <sysproperty> declarations?
>

> Define the properties in a <propertyset id="x"> type, and use the
> <syspropertyset> nested element
> added to <java> in ant 1.6.
> Peter

Is there no way in a property set to manually specify a handful of
properties?  You can only refer to existing properties?

Posted by David Corbin <dc...@machturtle.com>.
Peter Reilly wrote:

> David Corbin wrote:
>
>> I have many similar java programs that I want to be able to launch
>> from ant (1.6).  I can easily re-use the classpath declarations.  Is
>> there some way to re-use (short of copying) a handful of
>> <sysproperty> declarations?
>

> Define the properties in a <propertyset id="x"> type, and use the
> <syspropertyset> nested element
> added to <java> in ant 1.6.
> Peter

Thanks

Re: launching many similar java programs

Posted by Peter Reilly <pe...@corvil.com>.