Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Scott Morgan <bl...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2004/04/30 16:41:28 UTC

String handling best practice

I'm about to start work on a application using Xerces. The problem is, I
don't know how best to go about handling strings. Should I use the
XMLString class or would I be better off using ICU's UnicodeString?

If I do use ICU's classes can I work on the assumtion that XMLCh* equals
UChar* (They're both UTF-16) and just pass them straight on to Xerces
API functions (what about win32 WCHAR* too?).

It all sounds like some kind of FAQ, but I can't find any definitive
answer with regards to Xerces.

Scott Morgan