Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by William Nelson <wm...@midmaine.com> on 2014/04/02 20:00:43 UTC

trouble with page numbers

Hello,

I have a number of text documents with page numbers entered into the header by means of "Insert" and "Fields." Today for some reason I find all the page numbers (numerals) have been replaced by the words "Page numbers." When I try to reinsert the page number field, I again get the words "Page numbers." Please advise. My computer man has no idea what is going on. I will be most grateful.

William Nelson
Belfast, Maine

Re: trouble with page numbers

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Wed, 2 Apr 2014 14:00:43 -0400
"William Nelson" <wm...@midmaine.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a number of text documents with page numbers entered into the header by means of "Insert" and "Fields." Today for some reason I find all the page numbers (numerals) have been replaced by the words "Page numbers." When I try to reinsert the page number field, I again get the words "Page numbers." Please advise. My computer man has no idea what is going on. I will be most grateful.
>
> William Nelson
> Belfast, Maine

/View /Field Codes has been toggled. Toggle it back.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: trouble with page numbers

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.
On Wed, 02 Apr 2014 18:00:43 -0000, William Nelson <wm...@midmaine.com> wrote:

> I have a number of text documents with page numbers entered into the header by means of "Insert" and "Fields." Today for some reason I find all the page numbers (numerals) have been replaced by the words "Page numbers." When I try to reinsert the page number field, I again get the words "Page numbers." Please advise. My computer man has no idea what is going on. I will be most grateful.

most probably, you have accidentally pressed ctrl+f9. press it once more or directly uncheck view -> field names.