Posted to dev@etch.apache.org by Michael Fitzner <fi...@googlemail.com> on 2011/02/07 23:14:07 UTC

[DISCUSSION] IRC Channel for Etch

I would like to create an IRC channel for Apache Etch at freenode. For
doing this we need to register a group at freenode (see
http://freenode.net/group_registration_form.php) to get a primary
channel like #etch.

Is anybody familiar with this and know what kind of infos have to be provided?

@Martijn I have seen a IRC channel for WICKET
irc://irc.freenode.net/%23%23wicket; do you know what we should fill
out for register to freenode?

Thanks,
Michael

Re: [DISCUSSION] IRC Channel for Etch

Posted by Michael Fitzner <fi...@googlemail.com>.
I completely agree to your points. Discussions and technical decisions
should be done at the mailing lists and	JIRA. To my opinion, IRC could
only be another way to get in touch with the	community.

Regarding IRC contact/group infos, I try to find it out via the	IRC wicket
channel

Thanks for feedback
Michael

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.