Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Gerry Miller <hy...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/27 20:01:00 UTC

Installation of Apache Open Office

Today, I downloaded and installed Apache Open Office

My immediate need is to open a DOCX file.

The program seemed to have installed correctly. I noticed that it was
added to my installed programs and the Apache icon was installed on
the desktop. There were no installation errors and I did click Finish

Installed program, under All Programs include

OpenOffice.org 3.4.1
OpenOffice.org  Base
OpenOffice.org Calc
OpenOffice.org  Impress
OpenOffice.org  Math
OpenOffice.org   Writer

Icons on the Desktop include OpenOffice 3.4.1 (Blue and White ball),
OpenOffice 3.4(en-US)...   and OpenOffice 3.4.1(en-U...

However when clicked or doubleclicked NONE of the programs do anything

Please advise

Gerry

Re: Installation of Apache Open Office

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 1:01 PM, Gerry Miller <hy...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Today, I downloaded and installed Apache Open Office
>
> My immediate need is to open a DOCX file.
>
> The program seemed to have installed correctly. I noticed that it was
> added to my installed programs and the Apache icon was installed on
> the desktop. There were no installation errors and I did click Finish
>
> Installed program, under All Programs include
>
> OpenOffice.org 3.4.1
> OpenOffice.org  Base
> OpenOffice.org Calc
> OpenOffice.org  Impress
> OpenOffice.org  Math
> OpenOffice.org   Writer
>
> Icons on the Desktop include OpenOffice 3.4.1 (Blue and White ball),
> OpenOffice 3.4(en-US)...   and OpenOffice 3.4.1(en-U...
>
> However when clicked or doubleclicked NONE of the programs do anything

What Operating system are you using, here you can find an FAQ on how to
install OpenOffie on your sytem:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/FAQ/Installation

--
Alexandro Colorado