Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Saurabh Nanda <sa...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/25 18:09:25 UTC

EMR job completion notification

Hi,

I have a series of jobs which need to be executed in different size Amazon
Elastic MapReduce clusters (first part needs 4x m1.small and second part
needs 4x m1.large). The second step's input depends on the first step's
output. What's the best way to get notified about completion of the first
step?

Saurabh.
--
http://nandz.blogspot.com
http://foodieforlife.blogspot.com

Re: EMR job completion notification

Posted by Sonal Goyal <so...@gmail.com>.
Saurabh,

I believe the java EMR API has an asynchronous client which returns a Future
object. This object can be waited upon for the job status.

Thanks and Regards,
Sonal
www.meghsoft.com