Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jiří Pavlovský <ji...@getnet.cz> on 2010/04/27 15:02:49 UTC

cache with CHI DBI driver and SQLite

I want to use CHI with SQLite backend for my app.
Tested in cgi environment it worked ok, but under mod_perl
it croaks in CHI DBI driver when trying to create the tables with
mysterious "no error" error.

I think my problem is identical to the one I found described here:

http://lists.scsys.co.uk/pipermail/dbd-sqlite/2010-March/000159.html

Anyone has an idea how to fix it?

Thank you,
Jiri

Re: cache with CHI DBI driver and SQLite

Posted by Jiri Pavlovsky <ji...@getnet.cz>.
On 27.4.2010 20:39, Perrin Harkins wrote:
> 2010/4/27 Jiří Pavlovský<ji...@getnet.cz>:
>> I want to use CHI with SQLite backend for my app.
>> Tested in cgi environment it worked ok, but under mod_perl
>> it croaks in CHI DBI driver when trying to create the tables with mysterious
>> "no error" error.
>
> Try running a small piece of code that opens a SQLite database and
> writes to it from mod_perl.  If that doesn't work then you may need to
> re-compile DBD::SQLite with the same perl that you compiled mod_perl
> with.

I found the problem: DBD::SQLite comes with bundled sqlite code and
doesn't use the system sqlite.

Re: cache with CHI DBI driver and SQLite

Posted by Perrin Harkins <ph...@gmail.com>.
2010/4/27 Jiří Pavlovský <ji...@getnet.cz>:
> I want to use CHI with SQLite backend for my app.
> Tested in cgi environment it worked ok, but under mod_perl
> it croaks in CHI DBI driver when trying to create the tables with mysterious
> "no error" error.

Try running a small piece of code that opens a SQLite database and
writes to it from mod_perl.  If that doesn't work then you may need to
re-compile DBD::SQLite with the same perl that you compiled mod_perl
with.

- Perrin