Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by John <ap...@jbnet.cns-uk.org> on 2005/03/06 18:38:16 UTC

[users@httpd] Mod_auth_ldap problems on Win2k

Hi all,

I've just installed a fresh copy of Apache 2.0.53 on Win2k Pro (SP4).

As soon as I include mod_auth_ldap, by adding these lines to httpd.conf:

LoadModule ldap_module modules/util_ldap.so
LoadModule auth_ldap_module modules/mod_auth_ldap.so

Apache will crash with an access violation whenever it is shut down.

Also, if I try and enable LDAP authentication on a directory, I am
prompted for my username/password, but as soon as I enter one, Apache
crashes.

There don't appear to be any clues in the error log, however after doing
some digging, I found some discussions relating to the version of
wldap32.dll that could cause crashes:

It seems if you don't build Apache with the same version of wldap32 that
is installed on the target computer, any calls to LDAP functions in
wldap32.dll could cause a crash.

So, does anyone know what version of wldap32.dll will work with Apache
2.0.53 (this is a standard binary build downloaded from
httpd.apache.org).
My version of wldap32.dll is 5.0.2195.6666.

Or could my problems be related to something totally different?

Any advice welcome.

Thanks,

John