Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by Arthur Ryman <ry...@ca.ibm.com> on 2006/01/12 19:39:28 UTC

Fw: WSDL 2.0 CR - Call for Implementations

FYI,

The spec is officially in CR. Woden is playing a key role as the leading
implementation. I will be demoing Woden to the WSD working group at the
W3C Tech Plenary at the end of Feb. That might stimulate more
contributions.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca
----- Forwarded by Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM on 01/12/2006 01:33 PM -----

"Jonathan Marsh" <jm...@microsoft.com>
Sent by: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
01/12/2006 01:28 PM

<ww...@w3.org>
cc

Subject
WSDL 2.0 CR - Call for Implementations

The WSDL 2.0 specification [1,2,3] is now officially a W3C Candidate
Recommendation, the phase during which we test the implementability of
the spec and interoperability of those implementations.  This flushes
out inconsistencies, edge cases, and ambiguities in the spec that are
noticed during implementation.

The Working Group needs to provide evidence that the spec is and will
have independent implementations before moving to final Recommendation
status.  Accordingly, the Working Group is very interested in hearing
about any implementations of the specification, and invites implementers
to contact the WG with details of their implementations and to try out
their implementations against and contribute to the small but growing
WSDL 2.0 Test Suite [4].  We also plan to hold an interoperability event
as the implementations and test suite mature, which will be open to all
implementers of the specification.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/CR-wsdl20-primer-20060106/
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/CR-wsdl20-20060106
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/CR-wsdl20-adjuncts-20060106