Posted to user@hivemind.apache.org by RALPH ROPER <RR...@cuscal.com.au> on 2004/11/10 06:19:43 UTC

call local EJB

hi,

this may seem like an obvious question. Can I use the EJBProxyFactory to
access a local EJB? This seems to be possible by changing the NameLookup
property on the class. The only examples I have seen are for a remote EJB.
One thing that makes me hesitate is that Spring uses separate Remote and
Local EJB classes.

thanks,

Ralph Roper
NOTICE
The information in this email and or any of the attachments may contain;
a. Confidential information of Credit Union Services Corporation (Australia) Limited (CUSCAL) or third parties; and or
b. Legally privileged information of CUSCAL or third parties; and or
c. Copyright material of CUSCAL or third parties.
If you are not an authorised recipient of this email, please contact CUSCAL immediately by return email or by telephone on 61-2-8299 9000 and delete the email from your system.
We do not accept any liability in connection with computer virus, data corruption, interruption or any damage generally as a result of transmission of this email.

Re: call local EJB

Posted by "David J. M. Karlsen" <da...@davidkarlsen.com>.
RALPH ROPER wrote:

>hi,
>
>this may seem like an obvious question. Can I use the EJBProxyFactory to
>access a local EJB? This seems to be possible by changing the NameLookup
>property on the class. The only examples I have seen are for a remote EJB.
>One thing that makes me hesitate is that Spring uses separate Remote and
>Local EJB classes.

They should be implemented differently as the remote needs a
PortableRemoteObject.narrow(...), while the local doesn't need this due
to being a real object and not a stub.

A general solution for doing a typesafe lookup from JNDI would be
interesting (for JMS QueueConnectionFactories and Queues, DataSources,
MailSession's and general serialized objects put into JNDI).