Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by "stevent.klingberg" <st...@ge.com> on 2018/08/15 17:31:49 UTC

make install link error

apr-1.4.2
activemq-cpp-library-3.9.4
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="where arp built"/apr/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

make completes fine, but make install fails

error:
.
.
.
libactivemq-cpp.so.19 -o .libs/libactivemq-cpp.so.19.0.4
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lapr-1
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
libtool:   error: error: relink 'libactivemq-cpp.la' with the above command
before installing it

Re: make install link error

Posted by Arthur Naseef <ar...@apache.org>.
That appears to be the "Apache Portable Runtime" library required by the
ActiveMQ CPP build.

Does the build system have the APR package installed?  I believe that's
"yum install apr" for CentOS.

Art