Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jeff Koch <je...@intersessions.com> on 2005/02/04 16:02:29 UTC

Relay Country

What does one need to do to activate the relay country tests? We have the
CPAN module installed and added this line to local.cf

loadplugin     Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::RelayCountry

Do we need to add any scores or tests?

We are not yet seeing any evidence that the test is being used.

Best Regards,

Jeff Koch

Re: Relay Country

Posted by Alex S Moore <as...@edge.net>.
Jeff Koch wrote:

> What does one need to do to activate the relay country tests? We have
> the CPAN module installed and added this line to local.cf
>
> loadplugin     Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::RelayCountry

I do not use that plugin, but I would uncomment the entry in init.pre
and not touch local.cf.  Restart SA

Alex

RE: Relay Country

Posted by Sander Holthaus - Orange XL <in...@orangexl.com>.
> What does one need to do to activate the relay country tests?
> We have the CPAN module installed and added this line to local.cf
>
> loadplugin     Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::RelayCountry
>
> Do we need to add any scores or tests?
>
> We are not yet seeing any evidence that the test is being used.

You should set it in init.pre, found in the same dir as local.cf

In init.pre, you'll find:

# RelayCountry - add metadata for Bayes learning, marking the countries
# a message was relayed through
#
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::RelayCountry

Which answers your second question is as to why you are not seeing any
evidence, it is used in the bayes-filter. The only thing you could observe
is a slight improvement in bayes-scores.

Kind regards,
Sander Holthaus