Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Thone Soungpanya <th...@higherone.com> on 2015/05/13 20:18:27 UTC

String Cache Configuration

Hello,

Can anyone give me more information on what the "String Cache Configuration" does? This is a setting in the catalina.properties file. I searched the web and it does not give much info on the tomcat document site (https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/systemprops.html).

# String cache configuration.
tomcat.util.buf.StringCache.byte.enabled=true

Thank you,

Thone

RE: String Cache Configuration

Posted by Thone Soungpanya <th...@higherone.com>.
Hello Mark,

No I haven't but I will look at it. However, I thought someone would know and be able to summarize it for me quickly :).

Thanks for the response.

Thone

On 13/05/2015 19:18, Thone Soungpanya wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone give me more information on what the "String Cache Configuration" does? This is a setting in the catalina.properties file. I searched the web and it does not give much info on the tomcat document site (https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/systemprops.html).
>
> # String cache configuration.
> tomcat.util.buf.StringCache.byte.enabled=true

Have you looked at the Javadoc and/or source code for the StringCache?

Mark

Re: String Cache Configuration

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.