Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Jessica Popel <je...@hotmail.com> on 2019/09/10 01:21:03 UTC

Trying to recover a file I wrote over

Hello. I had created an excel spreadsheet using OpenOffice that I later wrote over, not knowing I would then need that information back. No backups were saved and there are no previous versions of the document. I scoured the internet and found nothing that would work for me or apply to my situation. I tried restoring my computer to a previous time that would have the document, but the document showed the same information that I had written over the important information that I now need. Is there any possible way of getting this back? Thank you.

Re: Trying to recover a file I wrote over

Posted by David Robley <ro...@gmail.com>.
As soon as possible do the following: Download Recuva (Windows only) or
PhotoRec for Win, MacOS, Linux and other OSes (only one needed) and let
it do an in-depth recovery of deleted files on your computer. You may
get a file containing some or all of your data (or not). Do this as a
first priority; other use of the computer may overwrite any existing but
deleted files and prevent their recovery. There is no guarantee that you
will recover anything useful.

go to http://openoffice.apache.org/mailing-lists.html As a courtesy I
have sent a copy of this reply to you as well as to the mailing list. Do
Not reply to me personally but just to the list at
<us...@openoffice.apache.org> - replies to my personal email address
will be ignored.

On 10/9/19 10:51 am, Jessica Popel wrote:
> Hello. I had created an excel spreadsheet using OpenOffice that I later wrote over, not knowing I would then need that information back. No backups were saved and there are no previous versions of the document. I scoured the internet and found nothing that would work for me or apply to my situation. I tried restoring my computer to a previous time that would have the document, but the document showed the same information that I had written over the important information that I now need. Is there any possible way of getting this back? Thank you.

Cheers
--
David Robley

I know it all. I just can't remember it all at once.