Posted to dev@zeppelin.apache.org by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org> on 2019/03/26 21:31:16 UTC

[DISCUSS] Notebook serving

Hi,

There're some challenges bringing a model inside notebook to a production
environment.
Many many organizations, the most common practice I see today is something
like

1. Data scientist develop a model in a data science notebook.
2. SW engineer rewrites the model, to meet the production requirements.

In other words, data scientists do not have self-service capability. And
the organization is spending a lot of time for reimplementing model for
production.

I tried to identify the gaps between data science notebook and production
environment, and what can possibly address them. So models that created by
data scientists in the notebook can go production with minimum efforts.

I made a proposal to solve this problem. Please review and comment. Any
ideas and feedbacks are welcome. You can make a modification if needed.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YA6q8W9yO8a88xzLDYs9zv_fKu2_cnB58rmQbakxi1I/edit?usp=sharing

This document is linked from
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-3994

Thanks,