Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Andrzej A. Filip" <an...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/16 17:54:47 UTC

Re: Reporting to SpamCop [wish: option to use port 25 instead of default 587]

On 11/16/2013 01:34 PM, RW wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 14:14:21 +0200
> Jari Fredriksson wrote:
>

>> My current ISP seems to block my attempts to send reports to SpamCop
>> from SpamAssassin ---report.
>>
>> Which port does it send to? If 25, can we use submission as an
>> alternate?
>
> It appears to be hard-coded to use the submission port.

IMHO It may be a good idea to provide configuration option to use port
25 instead of default port 587.

Re: Reporting to SpamCop [wish: option to use port 25 instead of default 587]

Posted by Jari Fredriksson <ja...@iki.fi>.
16.11.2013 18:54, Andrzej A. Filip kirjoitti:
> On 11/16/2013 01:34 PM, RW wrote:
>> On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 14:14:21 +0200
>> Jari Fredriksson wrote:
>>
>>> My current ISP seems to block my attempts to send reports to SpamCop
>>> from SpamAssassin ---report.
>>>
>>> Which port does it send to? If 25, can we use submission as an
>>> alternate?
>> It appears to be hard-coded to use the submission port.
> IMHO It may be a good idea to provide configuration option to use port
> 25 instead of default port 587.

Why? Most ISP's filter port 25 for spam if not outright reject it if it
was not their own server.

Well, of course option is always an option, but I do not see that an
especially practical option.

--
jarif.bit