Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/10 21:57:59 UTC

removing tomee webapp?

Hi guys

do we remove tomee webapp completely from tomee itself (= packaged)?

Current version doesn't bring much things and is often broken so it is
from my point of view more an issue than an added value.

wdyt? Anyone using it?

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau
http://www.tomitribe.com
http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com
https://github.com/rmannibucau

Re: removing tomee webapp?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
> It looks good. If it is broken, we should fix it or remove it.
> Keep in mind, if we choose to fix it, we need to keep it small, so TomEE
> tar.gz and zip stays small.
>
> The current webapp is the installer really. Other than that, it acts as a
> simple feedback stating that the server is alive.

Exactly why I asked if we remove it in tomee*[zip|tar.gz] we don't
need it, only in tomee*webapp.war.

Re: removing tomee webapp?

Posted by Thiago Veronezi <th...@veronezi.org>.

Re: removing tomee webapp?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: removing tomee webapp?

Posted by Thiago Veronezi <th...@veronezi.org>.
Hi Jonathan,

All the basic stuff are part of the Webaccess module. Currently it has a
list of active sessions and contexts, a scripting console (js and groovy)
and a log listing.

>From the console you can access the jndi info if you want....

***************************************

import java.util.Properties
import javax.naming.Context
import javax.naming.InitialContext

def printNames(Context context, String root, String ident) {
    context.list(root).each({
        def bean = context.lookup("${root}/${it.name}")
        if (Context.isInstance(bean)) {
            println "${ident}[context] ${root}/${it.name}"
            printNames(context, "${root}/${it.name}", ident + ' ')
        } else {
            println "${ident}[bean] ${root}/${it.name}
${bean.class.interfaces*.name}"
            bean.class.methods.each { m ->
                if (m.declaringClass != Object) {
                    println "${ident}  ${m.returnType.simpleName}
${m.name}(${(m.parameterTypes*.simpleName).join(',
')})"
                }
            }
        }
    })
}

printNames(new InitialContext([
        (Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY):
'org.apache.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory',
        (Context.PROVIDER_URL): 'http://localhost:8080/tomee/ejb'
] as Properties), '', '')

***************************************

Output...

[context] /global
 [context] /global/openejb
  [context] /global/openejb/openejb
[bean] /MEJB [javax.management.j2ee.ManagementHome,
org.apache.openejb.client.EJBHomeProxy]
  EJBHomeHandler getEJBHomeHandler()
  EJBMetaData getEJBMetaData()
  HomeHandle getHomeHandle()
  void remove(Handle)
  void remove(Object)
  boolean equals(Object)
  String toString()
  int hashCode()

​
The idea of moving these stuff out of the webapp was to make the
distribution as small as possible.

[]s,
Thiago.

Re: removing tomee webapp?