Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com> on 2013/09/27 13:31:02 UTC

Google don't think downloads from Flash/Flex being broken in Chrome is 'essential'

We can't be the only people who are having to tell our customers to
avoid Chrome (again) can we - it'd be good if as many people as possible
chip in or star'ed :
extravision Signature
*Tom Chiverton* | Lead Developer | Extravision
*T:* 0161 817 2922 | *W:* www.extravision.com
<http://www.extravision.com> | *T:* twitter.com/extravision
<http://twitter.com/extravision> | *E:* tchiverton@extravision.com
<ma...@extravision.com>
.
.
  A fresh approach to email marketing

.
Registered in the UK at : 107 Timber Wharf, 33 Worsley Street,
Manchester, M15 4LD. Registration number: 05017214 VAT: GB 824 5386 19

Disclaimer: This e-mail is intended solely for the person to whom it is
addressed and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you
have received it in error please notify us immediately and destroy this
e-mail and any attachments. In addition, you must not disclose, copy,
distribute or take any action in reliance on this e-mail or any
attachments. Any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Extravision Ltd.
E-mail may be susceptible to data corruption, interception, unauthorised
amendment, viruses and delays or the consequences thereof. Accordingly,
this e-mail and any attachments are opened at your own risk.

Re: Google don't think downloads from Flash/Flex being broken in Chrome is 'essential'

Posted by Mathieu St-Gelais <ma...@gmail.com>.
Good news. There are asking us to confirm it is working now. Please do so
if you can. Thanks!

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.
So does this mean as a work around you will have to use ExternalInterface [1]?  I use it for our Deep Linking code.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/external/ExternalInterface.html

-Mark

Re: Google don't think downloads from Flash/Flex being broken in Chrome is 'essential'

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
Yeah, thanks all - hopefully this will raise it to the top of some 'hot
issues' list or something...

Everyone else; please keep posting on
http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=282642 - we've just
had to tell yet another customer that Chrome is broken and they should
change to something (anything !) else.

Tom

Posted by Mathieu St-Gelais <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yariv Gilad <ya...@gmail.com>.