Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by tyju tiui <jc...@yahoo.com> on 2007/09/21 09:25:48 UTC

Request Tracking

I'd like to assign a unique ID to each request as it comes in so that I might track it all the way through to the outFlow. In other words I want to give each request a tracking ID so I can go back in my logs and follow a request's path all the way through my system.

What do you guys and gals think the best way to do this might be?

I've thought about doing something with a session variable, but that seems to go against the stateless nature of WS in general.

I also thought I might inject the unique ID into the request after I've received it, but that also seems like a bad idea ... I'm sure there are a million things that could potentially go wrong doing something like this.

Your ideas are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ty

Got a little couch potato?