Posted to dev@daffodil.apache.org by Mike Beckerle <mb...@tresys.com> on 2018/02/08 14:18:07 UTC

tag for last NCSA-based commit?

I believe this:

945a1c1ab363485003ebf14fef3463055d4fab37

Is the last commit using the old file structure, old packages, etc.

I suspect it would be prudent to make a tag for this. This would be in case some developer has lots of outstanding changes based on earlier commits. They could first rebase to here, get everything working again, and then do the rebase that changes all the names and such.

Naming convention? I suspect a somewhat verbose tag name would be better than just a numbering convention, as the key concept here is that this is still edu.illinois.ncsa daffodil packages. So something with the words "final" and "edu.illinois.ncsa" as well as capturing that it is pre-2.1.0 release.

Re: tag for last NCSA-based commit?

Posted by Mike Beckerle <mb...@tresys.com>.
I have about 5 development branches that I've rebased yesterday onto the last edu.illnois.ncsa commit. I will try to rebase them onto the current master and let you know the outcome. If this goes smoothly, then yeah I would agree with you.

Posted by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org>.