Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Eric Payne <er...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2017/10/02 16:43:36 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.0.0-beta1 RC0

+1 (binding)
Thanks Andrew for all of your very diligent efforts.
Build from source, installed on a 6-node pseudo cluster, and successfully tested the following manual use cases:
o MapReduce sleep job
o MapReduce streaming jobœ
o Cross-queue (inter-queue) preemption
o In-queue (intra-queue) preemption, both USERFIRST and PRIORITYFIRST
o User weights not equals to 1
o User weights in conjunction with in-queue preemption.
-Eric Payne

Posted by Vijaya Krishna Kalluru Subbarao <vi...@cloudera.com>.
+1 non-binding.

Ran Smokes and BVTs covering basic sanity testing(10+ tests ran) for all
these components:
Mapreduce(compression, archives, pipes, JHS),
Avro(AvroMapreduce, HadoopAvro, HiveAvro, SqoopAvro),
HBase(Balancer, compression, ImportExport, Snapshots, Schema change),
Oozie(Hive, Pig, Spark),
Pig(PigAvro, PigParquet, PigCompression),
Search(SolrCtlBasic, SolrRequestForwading, SolrSSLConfiguration).

Regards,
Vijay

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 9:43 AM, Eric Payne <er...@yahoo.com.invalid>
wrote:

> +1 (binding)
> Thanks Andrew for all of your very diligent efforts.
> Build from source, installed on a 6-node pseudo cluster, and successfully
> tested the following manual use cases:
> o MapReduce sleep job
> o MapReduce streaming jobœ
> o Cross-queue (inter-queue) preemption
> o In-queue (intra-queue) preemption, both USERFIRST and PRIORITYFIRST
> o User weights not equals to 1
> o User weights in conjunction with in-queue preemption.
> -Eric Payne
>
>       From: Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>
>  To: "common-dev@hadoop.apache.org" <co...@hadoop.apache.org>; "
> hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org" <hd...@hadoop.apache.org>; "
> mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org" <ma...@hadoop.apache.org>; "
> yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org" <ya...@hadoop.apache.org>
>  Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2017 7:04 PM
>  Subject: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.0.0-beta1 RC0
>
> Hi all,
>
> Let me start, as always, by thanking the many, many contributors who helped
> with this release! I've prepared an RC0 for 3.0.0-beta1:
>
> http://home.apache.org/~wang/3.0.0-beta1-RC0/
>
> This vote will run five days, ending on Nov 3rd at 5PM Pacific.
>
> beta1 contains 576 fixed JIRA issues comprising a number of bug fixes,
> improvements, and feature enhancements. Notable additions include the
> addition of YARN Timeline Service v2 alpha2, S3Guard, completion of the
> shaded client, and HDFS erasure coding pluggable policy support.
>
> I've done the traditional testing of running a Pi job on a pseudo cluster.
> My +1 to start.
>
> We're working internally on getting this run through our integration test
> rig. I'm hoping Vijay or Ray can ring in with a +1 once that's complete.
>
> Best,
> Andrew

Vijay