Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Kirk Kosinski <ki...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/01 05:47:03 UTC

Re: Cloudstack KVM Failing

The error from your browser indicates it cannot reach the web server
that should be running on the public IP of the console proxy VM.  Check
if the CPVM is running, and if so log on to it[1] and look for a java
process listening on 443/tcp[2].  If there is a problem with this,
stop/start the CPVM through CloudStack, and if that doesn't help,
destroy and recreate it.

If the CPVM is running and listing on 443/tcp, but it is not accessible,
there may be a firewall or routing problem in your network preventing
your desktop from reaching the CPVM.

Best regards,
Kirk

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/ssvm-troubleshooting.html
[2] netstat -plnt|grep 443

On 03/31/2013 07:30 AM, Maurice Lawler wrote:
> Yes, it has worked before. I will attempt to add port 5900. Is that the only port for KVM, i have also restarted it too.
>
> Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> This looks like your console proxy VM isn't working. It could be firewall
>> on the KVM host not allowing access to 5900+ anymore, or the consoleproxy
>> VM may need to be restarted (system VM starting with "v"). Has it worked in
>> the past?  You could try connecting to the instances with a vnc client to
>> see if they are accessible, skipping console proxy.
>> On Mar 30, 2013 10:40 PM, "Maurice Lawler" <ma...@me.com> wrote:
>>
>>> For some reason, I am unsure of the issue; attempting to review the KVM of
>>> any instance times out:
>>>
>>> cloudstack realhostip.com took too long to respond
>>>
>>> Has anyone encountered this error and how can it be corrected?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Maurice

Re: Cloudstack KVM Failing

Posted by Maurice Lawler <ma...@me.com>.
Kirk,

You're awesome! That solved the problem. I destroyed it CS re-created it and presto! The KVM is working again.

 Thanks a ton!

- Maurice