Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Oleksandr Petrov <ol...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/29 18:36:41 UTC

Re: Dynamic column family using CQL2, possible?

WITH COMPACT STORAGE should allow accessing your dataset from CQL2,
actually.
There're newer driver that supports binary CQL, namely
https://github.com/iconara/cql-rb which is written by guys from Bart, who
know stuff about cassandra :)

We're using COMPACT STORAGE for tables we access through Thrift/Hadoop, and
it works perfectly well.
You can refer to Data Modelling guide if you want to learn more about how
to model your data to make it fit into Cassandra well:
http://clojurecassandra.info/articles/data_modelling.html

--
alex p