Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by David Gibbs <da...@midrange.com> on 2005/11/18 17:11:49 UTC

Avoiding FP on domain fragments?

Folks:

I just got a message that was flagged as spam due to the URIBL_JP_SURBL
rule ... it matched on the URI 'range.com' ... my domain, midrange.com,
is what triggered it.

> 3.4 URIBL_JP_SURBL         Contains an URL listed in the JP SURBL
> blocklist
>                            [URIs: range.com]

Can anyone recommend a way of counteracting the match?

Thanks!

david

Re: Avoiding FP on domain fragments?

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
David Gibbs wrote:
> Folks:
>
> I just got a message that was flagged as spam due to the URIBL_JP_SURBL
> rule ... it matched on the URI 'range.com' ... my domain, midrange.com,
> is what triggered it.
>

>>3.4 URIBL_JP_SURBL         Contains an URL listed in the JP SURBL
>>blocklist
>>                           [URIs: range.com]
>

> Can anyone recommend a way of counteracting the match?

What version of SA are you on? Doesn't happen for me using SA 3.1.0.