Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/18 12:28:25 UTC

[DISCUSS] Neo4j upgrade for 3.4.1

We just received this PR:

https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/1042

which upgrades to the latest version of Neo4j. Ideally a dependency change
this big would have been better for 3.4.0 (or now 3.5.0) but I think I'm
fine upgrading it for 3.4.1. My intention is to vote positively for this PR
once the issues around it are sorted. Anyway, please yell if there are any
concerns with this direction. Thanks.

Re: [DISCUSS] Neo4j upgrade for 3.4.1

Posted by Robert Dale <ro...@gmail.com>.
We essentially did the same thing on 3.3.  The Neo4j bump[1] - a much
bigger bump at that - didn't make it in time for 3.3.0 so it went on
3.3.1.   However, I would like to make sure we include in our upgrade docs
any Neo4j upgrade procedures, if required, like what was done for the
TinkerPop 3.3.1 release.

1. http://tinkerpop.apache.org/docs/3.4.0/upgrade/#_upgrade_neo4j

Robert Dale