Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "George \"Lifeguard\" Flatman" <li...@lvcm.com> on 2001/04/14 03:09:16 UTC

Question

I have followed the intstructions posted at:
http://jakarta.apache.org:8080/jyve-faq/Turbine/screen/DisplayQuestionAnswer
/action/SetAll/project_id/2/faq_id/12/topic_id/102/question_id/693

I am totally confused now. I have verified and reverified the enviroment
settings on my NT server but i am still getting the following when i run
startup from the tomcat_root\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1\bin directory.
"The system cannot find the path specified"

there are no log files created (which is a shame) to tell me what i am
missing can someone please help me.

George G. Flatman
CEO of The Edge Internet Radio
Rock n Roll with an Attitude
www.theedge2k.com

RE: Question

Posted by Tim O'Neil <ti...@xythos.com>.
Interesting. Seems to work fine for thousands of people.

RE: Question

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.
> Yep, nothing worked. I finally realized that it wasn't going to work after
> following the docs so I went decided not to use Tomcat after spending 2
> hours trying to figure it out.

seems a bit harsh, I had no problems making it work as a standalone server
straight out of the box on NT & Linux, and only small problems on win98.
Furthermore it is worth the effort, IMHO.

RE: Question

Posted by "George \"Lifeguard\" Flatman" <li...@lvcm.com>.

RE: Question

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.