Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com> on 2005/07/21 22:51:47 UTC

forwarding (and adding to) a request to another server

Hi,

I have a secure webapp (main portal) in Tomcat that calls webservices
for authentication. There are other *existing* apps on different
servers. All users log in to all apps through my app (single sign on).
When a user clicks a link in my app that is to go to another secure app,
I need to call a web service to get authentication info for that
particular app. Then, POST the authentication info to the other server
and have the requested page show in the browser.

Is there some way to:

1. get the request in a Filter
2. call the webservice and get auth info
3. redirect/forward/open-a-url-conn to POST the auth info as form data
to another app
4. finally, have the other app's page show in the user's browser

?

Anybody done anything like this? Any ideas? Is it possible?

I could do this with JavaScript by building the form for each page that
have these secure link types. But, it complicates things a great deal
because I would need to call the webservice and put the auth info
(encrypted strings) on the page even though the user may never click the
link.

any ideas,
-Rob

Re: forwarding (and adding to) a request to another server

Posted by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com>.
Warren Taylor wrote:
> Please take me off your mailing list.  I don't know what the hell you are
> talking about.  I got on this mailing list by error and it is way beyond my
> comprehension.

Can you read the bottom of the post to this mail list?

RE: forwarding (and adding to) a request to another server

Posted by Warren Taylor <ww...@sunbeltbusinessbrokersofms.com>.
Please take me off your mailing list.  I don't know what the hell you are
talking about.  I got on this mailing list by error and it is way beyond my
comprehension.

WARREN TAYLOR
Sunbelt Business Advisors
Sunbelt Business Brokers of MS