Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by "Weaver, Scott" <Sw...@rippe.com> on 2003/12/02 18:58:34 UTC

RE: Service and Component Frameworks (why cornerstone is currentl y in J2)

> I'm assuming there's nothing for them to get their panties in a twist
> about, unlike the HiveMind issues, right?

As Jun stated, they (Cisco developers) have a green light from Cisco's legal department to donate whatever they see fit, so no IP issues there.  However, this is not the panty twisting issue I was referring to.  The real issue is "certain elements" in Jakarta had severe problems with the donation of the entire Pluto code base by IBM.  The thought of having to deal with that again is just something that neither I nor any other Jetspeed developers really wants to deal with after the previously mentioned Pluto fiasco, at least not right now.

Regards,
| Scott T Weaver                 |
| <we...@apache.org>            |
| Apache Jetspeed Portal Project |