Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Ard Schrijvers <a....@onehippo.com> on 2010/02/11 11:17:38 UTC

Re: Why becomes my Repository bigger and bigger?!

(removed dev list: pls do not use crossposting for user questions)

How do you measure the 'size' of the repository? Is it the dbase? The
lucene indexes? Obviously, both depend largely on *how* you store and
index. You are importing xml, are you having a XMLPersistenceManager?
This is expanding an xml structure in a hierarchical node structure,
so, a large increase in size is expected. Wrt indexing, if you have
'support highlighting = true', then lucene indexes will be bigger.

Anyways, agreed 30 times bigger is not normal, but as explained, it
quite depends on what you measure as size, and how you store and index

Ard